Artist Blog: Moriah Mudd-Kelly - "I'm Scared To Show These Works"
“TRUISMS/REMINDERS/BAIT” • By Moriah Mudd-Kelly • Woodblock prints on artist paper
I AM SCARED TO SHOW THESE WORKS -
WHICH ARE -
• A surprisingly and terrifyingly honest and intimate body of work that explores concepts such as body image, queerness, acceptance, love, loneliness, intimacy, bravery, embarrassment, self-love, identity, personal boundaries, and empowerment.
• An investigation into the kinship between religious iconography and personal identity.
• A thing more deeply personal than anything I’ve ever made before.
• An attempt to use art to connect with others, and to connect with myself.
• Mundane things combined with intimate things elevated into new things that have the right to be seen, and shared, as well as given merit and sacredness.
• Hope that by baring so much of myself to the judging external eye, others can find some comfort in knowing that they are not alone.
“The Horse’s Mouth” • By Moriah Mudd-Kelly • Handmade artbook